Remote working, virtual working, flexible working, home working – these are all familiar business terms, yet managing remote teams can present all kinds of new challenges.
As teams are becoming more geographically spread, our remote training courses help to ease managers’ and employees’ transition from being office based to working remotely. We guide you through methodologies that advance team dynamics, sustain iterative feedback and help managers to adopt a more proactive set of skills to effectively manage virtual teams and workers.
Factors such as technology, flexible working, fewer desks and increasing reliance on contract workers means that managers cannot bring their teams together as readily as they once did but they still need to maintain workflows and productivity.
Enabling Your Workforce For Remote Working
So how can we mitigate some of this risk? Well our L&D solutions should be a big part of the answer. Watch Bob’s presentation at this years World of Learning event to learn more.
We draw on over 15 years of real world experience in the area of remote/virtual working. Working with various organisations who have transitioned into more and more people working away from the office has given us broad expertise in the area of managing remote teams.
There are often concerns around managing remote teams, because the geographically dispersed workers present all kinds of new challenges:
- Remote workers often loose their grip on a healthy work life balance as the separation between work and home life becomes less explicit.
- Remote workers begin to miss out on social learning opportunities which are common place in the office environment. They no longer sharpen there skills and refine best practice through observation and conversation with colleagues.
- There is a great deal of increased individual vulnerability, as well as organisational vulnerability.
- There are higher levels or organisational risk as workers begin to make decisions without the supervision of the office hierarchy.
- New team members spend a fraction of the time with their colleagues compared to those who join a team in an office, leading to slow socialisation.
- All these factors can contribute to a break down of trust between colleagues.
Our Delivery Methods
Using a range of delivery methods, including interactive live virtual training sessions, we aim to explore and equip managers and employees with methods to overcome common remote working challenges:
- As the separation between work and home life becomes less distinct, remote workers may struggle with a healthy work-life balance.
- Reduced social learning opportunities through observation and conversation with office colleagues.
- Higher levels of organisational risk under less supervision, and a potential breakdown of trust.
So how can managers retain a sense of team? How can they motivate from afar? How can we keep communication channels open and morale up? All of this and more is explored in this popular and increasingly important range of courses for managers of all levels, experience and sector.