As teams have rapidly dispersed across locations, our remote working course helps leaders adapt fast to the transition from offices to remote working. We provide the strategies, skills and methodologies to overcome common challenges of virtual teams so you can sustain productivity, motivation and work-life balance. Managing teams remotely requires new skills and strategies to ensure productivity, collaboration and employee engagement. Our comprehensive remote working and management training course helps leaders adapt fast to the new virtual environment. We provide proven strategies, skills and methodologies to address typical issues faced by remote and hybrid teams:
- Maintaining employee engagement and motivation at a distance
- Combating potential isolation and the loss of social connections amongst teammates
- Ensuring visibility into workloads and productivity for remote staff
- Running effective virtual meetings with remote participants
- Resolving conflicts quickly without face-to-face interactions
- Providing meaningful feedback and managing performance issues remotely
- Building trust and nurturing relationships despite lack of daily in-person contact
What Is Remote Training?
Remote training, also known as ‘remote learning’ in some contexts, refers to the practice of digitally upskilling employees, regardless of their physical location. It involves delivering training and educational content to individuals or teams through online platforms, webinars, video conferences, and other digital tools.
Our training covers best practices for communication, goal-setting, performance management, learning and development, one-on-ones, and team building specifically tailored to remote or hybrid work models. Leaders will gain the capabilities needed to sustain productivity, morale, work-life balance and overall team success even with employees dispersed geographically. The course provides strategies and techniques to overcome common virtual team challenges through better processes, technology utilisation and leadership skills. Participants will handle the transition from offices to remote workflows smoothly and emerge as confident managers of remote and hybrid teams.
We draw on over 20 years of real world experience in the area of remote/virtual working. Working with various organisations who have transitioned into more and more people working away from the office has given us broad expertise in the area of managing remote teams.
Remote Working Training Courses
In this engaging one-day course, we help managers transition from office to remote leadership. You’ll learn proven techniques for clear communication, iterative feedback and building trust across distances. We’ll cover how to adapt management styles for virtual environments, the tools and processes needed to align remote workers and maintain accountability, and strategies to sustain culture, learning and team cohesion.
This half-day course provides an employee-centric view of remote working, with the insights staff need to stay engaged and productive. We explore effective planning, communication and reporting tools for virtual work, as well as how to build strong working relationships and camaraderie with dispersed colleagues.
Challenges we’ll help you to overcome
Leading dispersed teams comes with unique obstacles. We provide remote working training courses tailored to help your managers and employees navigate challenges such as:
- Effective communication strategies for remote and hybrid teams – Build trust through regular check-ins, clear expectations and avenues for employee feedback. Learn approaches for resolving conflicts quickly.
- Leading remote meetings – Run engaging virtual meetings with agendas, guidelines for participation, and tactics for keeping remote attendees focused and involved.
- Avoiding burnout and managing work-life balance – Ensure sustainable workflows and reasonable online hours. Teach remote employees time management strategies and self-care.
- Collaboration tools and technologies – Master essential digital tools like Zoom, Slack and Teams to enable seamless communication and collaboration despite physical distances.
- Keeping remote teams engaged – Foster camaraderie through virtual social events, teams building activities, recognition programs and more. Combat potential isolation by nurturing relationships.
- Managing remote employee performance – Set clear OKRs and metrics. Learn strategies for monitoring and providing feedback on work output and productivity for remote staff.
- Limited opportunities for skill development. Remote workers miss out on observing and engaging with colleagues, reducing social learning.
- Challenges building trust and relationships. Interacting less frequently in person can strain colleague rapport and trust.
- Increased risks from reduced oversight. With less direct supervision, remote workers may make poor decisions or struggle with productivity.
- Obstacles onboarding and socialising new team members. Integrating new remote employees and ensuring cultural fit from a distance demands a different approach.
- Higher levels of vulnerability for individuals and organisations. Remoteness can negatively impact wellbeing, morale and security.
Our courses cover these common challenges and are tailored to support your managers and teams in their specific roles, whether they have recently changed or are looking to enhance their skills. You’ll gain actionable insights, tools and techniques to overcome roadblocks and build high-performing remote teams.
Watch Bob’s presentation at the World of Learning event on enabling your workforce for remote working or discover our Most Important Lesson Ever About Managing Remote Workers.
So how can managers retain a sense of team? How can they motivate from afar? How can we keep communication channels open and morale up? All of this and more is explored in this popular and increasingly important range of courses for managers of all levels, experience and sector.
Bob’s Top Tip
“Managers should work with their teams and executives to set specific, measurable goals for reducing the company’s carbon footprint. These could include targets for energy efficiency, renewable energy, waste reduction, sustainable supply chains, and more. Make the goals public to hold the company accountable.”
Live Online Remote Working Training & Class Training Delivery Methods
Using a range of delivery methods, including interactive live virtual training sessions, we aim to explore solutions to common remote working challenges:
- As the distinction between work and home life becomes blurred, remote workers may struggle with a healthy work-life balance.
- Remote workers lose out on learning through observing and engaging with colleagues.
- Higher levels of organisational risk due to less supervision, and a potential breakdown of trust between colleagues
Remote Training Courses FAQs
Is remote management the same as agile management?
Agile is often a term used for remote working teams, but it is in fact a project management approach. Traditionally, agile teams worked together in closely located units on specific projects. Remote management or remote working refers to situations where team members are working in different locations, whether permanently or dynamically.
Is managing a remote team different to managing a team in the same place?
Some aspects of good management are clearly the same, but there are some significant
differences that the manager and the team need to be aware of.
For example, working in a team that is geographically spread can reduce the opportunity for social learning (learning from each other) so managers and teams need to recognise this and work out how to counter this problem.
It is also harder to build rapport, but there are several management techniques that we teach to foster better remote relationships.
What can I expect to learn?
Our Remote Training Courses identify the challenges faced when managing remotely and teach enhanced skills to improve the management of and communication with remote teams. Skills revolve around communication expertise, relationship building, coaching, delegating and the development of trust.
Importantly, we teach managers the important skills required to motivate teams based in a variety of geographical locations and how to develop an engaged, dynamic remote team.
Do you run courses for remote employees?
Yes. We understand that the effective management of remote workers is largely down to management skills, but employees also need to know how to effectively manage their workload and communicate with colleagues when they are working remotely too.
Our Remote Team Working Course offers useful communication, planning and reporting techniques to remote employees to improve workload management, and help them work better with colleagues and managers.
Online Remote Working Training Video Lessons
You can now join our online remote working academy, which features hours of video led training from our expert team. Start learning about remote working, remotely!
Remote Managers Programm
We’ll guide you through methodologies that advance team dynamics, sustain iterative feedback and help managers to adopt a more proactive set of skills to effectively manage virtual teams and workers.
Being an Effective Remote Team Worker
Using high definition video led learning, we equip employees with methods to overcome common remote working challenges including how to cope with isolation and flourish as a team member working remotely.
All Remote Working Training Courses Courses
Latest Agile Resources and Guidance
Managing in the New Normal – The Five Key Challenges for Leaders in 2024
The business world is undergoing rapid transformation, accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Remote work, digitalisation, emerging technologies, shifting demographics, and changing employee expectations are redefining the workplace. This new normal presents fresh challenges for managers as traditional ways of working, leading and developing teams no longer suffice.
The Way We Work: Updates on Remote and Hybrid Work Models
The COVID-19 pandemic dramatically changed the way many companies and employees think about remote and hybrid work models. Over two years later, these flexible arrangements are still evolving - what are some of the latest ways organisations are implementing and managing hybrid and remote employees? One key trend is that more companies are embracing hybrid work rather than being fully remote or fully back in the office.