One of the biggest game changers for managers is the introduction of increased clarity of direction and activity. This course will transform your thinking about how you ensure the team are on track whilst increasing morale, motivation and performance. Managers who understand the importance of this and who have robust systems for aligning the teams activities will find that performance management will be second nature whilst becoming completely intuitive. Having confidence in setting motivating objectives that deliver on the thread that leads up into the functional and organisational vision will revolutionise your collective performance.
- Welcome and introduction; Setting your personal goals of the session.
- Narrowing the team focus; What happens when we change the teams focus to ensure the right things are prioritised over the many worthy things.
- The golden thread; How you can link your teams activities to those of the function, department and or organisation.
- Critical success factors; How to define and use critical success factors to increase clarity for your team.
- Objective setting; How to craft objectives that motivate.
- SMART objectives; How to create a SMART objective in a single sentence.
- Task empowerment; How to empower the task level.
- What to measure; The way to define Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- How to provide effective performance related feedback.
- Course resources; Download all the tools and templates for easy application
Who Is This Course For?
Everyone with any supervisory or managerial responsibility should attend this course. It will take the guess work out of performance management and enable new heights of performance in a way that your team will willingly aspire too. This is the perfect course if you are responsible for objective setting in any way, and will provide you with a clear and easy mechanism for assessing performance day by day.
Want to develop your Leadership and Management skills?
Speak with our team to discuss your challenges and how our courses and training days can support your team to grow.
Remote UK & International Training Delivery
What Will You Learn?
Aim of the course
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of clarity in team performance.
- Take organisational vision and functional / department plans and feed it into your teams activity.
- Develop your teams critical success factors and learn how to use them to act as a constant barometer of task focus.
- Reduce wasted resource caused by people focusing on the wrong things.
- Increase the ability of the team to prioritise workload easily and simply.
- Craft effective, consistent, motivational objectives that follow the SMART model.
- Increase task level empowerment to enable individual delivery against objectives.
- Monitor and measure performance.
- Provide motivational and developmental feedback in a way that the whole team will buy into.
Management Development Training Case Study with Mears
Mears Group, a rapidly expanding UK business in social housing maintenance and domiciliary care, partnered with a training provider to implement a robust development program for its management team.
- Challenge: Mears required a learning solution, spread over a year, to provide multiple events dovetailing with internal topics and conforming to ILM standards. The solution had to account for diverse business dynamics and prioritise practical application over theory.
- Solution: A series of year-long interventions were designed for each organisational level. The profilingchoices.com tool was used for self-reflection and understanding others, complemented by events focusing on leadership, people management, and interpersonal effectiveness. The program culminated in a business simulation event and project presentation to Mears’ senior professionals.
- Results: The program was well-received, leading to its extension into the second year, doubling the number of programs run, with further growth scheduled for the third year.
This successful partnership underscores the effectiveness of practical, level-specific learning solutions in promoting managerial development and business growth.
Increasing Your Influence as a Manager Through Psychology
As a manager, having influence over your team is crucial for accomplishing goals and driving results. However, influence isn't just about formal authority. You can increase your influence by understanding human psychology and using specific techniques tailored to motivate employees.
Crisis Leadership: How to Lead Your Team Through Turbulent Times
Uncertain times and situations can shake even the strongest of teams. As a manager, how you lead your team during a crisis can make or break your ability to navigate the challenge. By developing and exemplifying crisis leadership skills, you can guide your team through the most difficult periods.