This course deals with the three key aspects of strong performance management. Setting the direction through goals and objectives, measuring performance in a consistent way and managing the performance of your team members. This course will provide a complete suit of tools and approaches to enable you to transform the performance of your team. Every manager should understand the importance of focusing the resource of the team to create momentum, concentrated energy and new levels of success. Motivate you team with meaningful performance management skills.
- Welcome and introduction; Setting your personal goals of the session.
- Getting focus; How to narrow the focus of team performance.
- Looking into the power of objectives; Creating meaningful objectives.
- Scoping and setting balanced goals; Making sure objectives aren’t overpowering each other.
- Guiding success; How you create a focus barometer to keep everyone on track.
- Driving accountability; Developing ownership within the team.
- Following up results; The role of follow up in building the momentum and speed.
- Providing goal feedback; How to give motivational and developmental feedback.
- Motivating through success; Highlighting the wins along the way.
- Course resources; Download all the tools and templates for easy application.
Performance Management Courses FAQs
Why does my team need performance management?
Performance management provides many benefits that include, increase momentum towards the aims of the team / organisation; clarity for managers and individuals concerning what’s being worked on; it acts as a guide to ensure everyone is working on the most valuable things; it enables improvement and development of the team; it motivates; it increases performance.
Does this course cover giving feedback to my staff?
We will show you clearly how to give effective feedback whether it’s motivational and or
developmental, that the recipient will be willing to take into account and build on.
Want to develop your Leadership and Management skills?
Speak with our team to discuss your challenges and how our courses and training days can support your team to grow.
Remote UK & International Training Delivery
Who Is This Course For?
Whether you are the manager of team that is under performing, or a team that needs to reach the next performance frontier, this course will be perfect for you. It will follow a logical step by step approach that can elevate the performance of you and the team.
What Will You Learn?
Aim of the course
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Connect the organisational vision with task level objectives.
- Measure performance effectively.
- Adapt your approach to performance management.
- Write concise, specific and attainable objectives.
- Understand key performance indicators.
- Effectively support your staffs development.
Latest Performance Management Resources and Guidance
The Ripple Effect: How People Influence Each Other
Humans are inherently social beings, constantly interacting and shaping the world around them. Whether we realise it or not, our actions, words, and even our mere presence have a profound impact on those we come into contact with. From the way we dress to the ideas we share, the influence we exert on others is a powerful force that can shape their thoughts, beliefs, and actions.
Management Skills – Communication.
It is crucial for a manager to be an effective communicator to maintain a productive and harmonious work environment. In this blog post, I will identify the specific qualities that make a manager a good communicator and give real business examples to reinforce these ideas.