Taking its literal meaning, facilitation means ‘making things easy’ and this course certainly aims to do that. Great facilitation has many uses in management. It can be the catalyst of great meetings, collaborations, appraisals and projects. Facilitation can benefit any interaction.
A great facilitator identifies and teases out successful outcomes, ensuring that all viewpoints are considered and aired. Done well, good facilitation brings out the potential in people and allows outcomes to be better than expected.
It is closely paired with coaching but remains a distinct skill.
This facilitation skills course defines the skills required and leads the learner through typical scenarios. It introduces various proven techniques and pairs them with real world scenarios that our experienced trainers have worked in; each one having spent some time in their career as professional facilitators.
This is a highly practical course and includes plenty of chances to practice new-found skills.
- What is facilitation?
- A definition of facilitation and how it can be used
- The facilitation process
- Using key steps. Process vs content
- Facilitation methods
- Choosing the right style at the right time
- Handling problems
- How to handle difficult situations and people
Who Is This Course For?
This course if for anyone tasked with interacting with people and trying to make things easier.
What Will You Learn?
- The role of the facilitator
- Practical skills needed for various situations
- Learn how to separate process from content
- Confidence to handle different types of behaviour and personalities in the group
- Basic problem solving techniques
- How to utilise left and right brain thinking
- Practice facilitation in a safe environment
- Intervention techniques