There is a common misconception that negotiation skills are required only by sales or procurement people. In reality, we all negotiate every single day, and not just in our professional lives! Whether you are negotiating the finer details of a business buyout, agreeing the parameters of a new project you are managing, or just trying to leverage the kids to eat their vegetables, negotiation is a fundamental part of life.
This course is an excellent look at the practice of negotiation. You’ll take a practical and detailed look at what should be done in preparation before negotiations begin, understanding behaviours during the negotiation process, learning what to say and do, as well as a comprehensive study of the seven elements of strategic negotiation; commitment, process, legitimacy interests, options, alternatives and relationships.
Who Is This Course For?
This course will help people who want to enhance their ability to negotiate with others positively and effectively.
What Will You Learn?
- Why preparation is so vital
- How to prepare for even minor negotiations
- How negotiators use words and body language to influence situations.
- To find all the negotiation variables and use them to good effect
- Practice in a safe environment
- How negotiation works in day to day real life situations, and how to use this positively