This course will explore what assertion is and how it can be applied. Assertion is often assumed to be a negative and perhaps even aggressive technique associated with those who shout louder than the rest. In reality, assertion when done correctly does not fall on the passive-aggressive spectrum at all, but is an entirely different behaviour which can be an incredibly effective tool in the hands of a manager or leader. In fact we have found that managers who execute assertion correctly are well liked and respected by their team members, and often highly proactive and effective in their roles. This course is designed to give delegates a new confidence and dynamism as they understand how assertion differs from other forms of behaviour and how to apply it in the workplace.
Who Is This Course For?
For anyone with a desire to increase their presence, influence and ability to be heard and valued in the workplace.
What Will You Learn?
- Explore what assertion really is
- How to identify the barriers to assertion
- Deal with internal issues that hinder you
- Learn how to deal with personal attacks effectively and assertively while staying in control
- Learn six strategies for assertive behaviour and how to use them.
- Practice assertion in a safe environment